Google+ Tribuna Estudantil - O Jornal do HD: Verb To Be

quinta-feira, 4 de março de 2010

Verb To Be


Por Beatriz Cristina Cassemiro Teodoro – 3A

The translation of the verb “to be” in the simple present is “ser ou estar”. Its flexed forms in English are “am, is and are”.

In the affirmative form, we use the verb after pronouns: I, you, he, she, it, we, you and they. Ex: I am from Brazil. He is my brother.

In the negative form, we add “not” after the verb. Ex: I’m not so good. They aren’t friendly.

In the interrogative form, you use the verb before the pronoun plus question mark. Ex: Are you ok? Is he your brother?

Don’t forget that the pronoun “it” is used for animals and objects. Ex: It’s your book.

And the pronoun “they” is used for a plural of animals, objects, men, women, etc. Ex: They are my parents. They are your cats. They are his books.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário